Sport Against Match Fixing
About Sport Against Match Fixing
The fight against corruption has been highlighted as one of the central themes in sport. In line with this idea, promoting integrity and values in sport is one of the main challenges in this context. Nowadays, the increasingly repeated cases of match-fixing have weakened the fight against corruption and impacted the image of sport for the community.
“Sport Against Match Fixing” – SAMF – project aims to raise awareness among grassroots athletes about the nature of match-fixing and the negative impact of this practice on the careers of the athletes. By providing the proper tools, we will be supporting them to consolidate attitudes to best responses to this type of corruption.
The 3 main aims of the Sport Against Match Fixing are the following:
- To identify and explore the “state-of-the-art” in the Match-Fixing and its impact on athlete career context;
- To promote an awareness campaign of SAMF Project
- To develop a game-based learning program tailored to grassroot athletes.
The Sport Against Match Fixing project will implement the following activities:
- Hold 5 work packages
- Produce research reports, an awareness campaign with implementation online and offline and a game-based learning (based on web app gamification from real stories about athletes involved in match-fixing cases)
- Final Conference will be organised with the presence of relevant stakeholders
- Handbook with guidelines for implementation will also be provided, allowing any organization in the Members States to adopt this project
Funding programme: Erasmus + Sport – Collaborative Partnership
Period – 01/2022 to 12/2023
Coordinator – Federação Portuguesa de Futebol – Portugal
Partner – Malta Football Association – Malta
Partner – FIBA-Europe EV – Germany
Partner – Sport Evolution Alliance – Portugal
Partner – Asociacija Lietuvos futbolo federacija – Lithuania
Partner – Stichting European Network for Innovation and Knowledge – The Netherlands
Partner – Panathlon International – Italy
Total Budget of the Project: 400.000,00 €
Total Budget of SEA: 79.050,00 €