About The Active Project
The Active project aims at promoting interest and engagement in European Youth Goals and future EU youth policies among less active youth and youth risking marginalization based on potential sources of discrimination through inclusive and sustainable sports activities. The focus of this training will be Inclusion and Sustainability. The first thing to be aware of is that sustainability and inclusion start from our small actions.
The goals of the Active! project are the following:
- Create a network to enhance the connection and engagement of less active young people in Europe around the European values and EU Youth Goals through sport, also building on previous actions funded by the call
- Strengthen capabilities of young coaches and athletes to increase the active engagement on EU topics of their peers, with particular attention to the ones with fewer opportunities, through international training and exchange
- Promote inclusive and sustainable sports events and activities, as a powerful tool to increase active engagement and participation of youth in EU issues, their contribution to the democratic process and civic engagement in Europe
- Foster networking, capacity building and mutual cooperation among youth organizations and sports organizations that work with youth around Europe (EU States Member and candidate countries) to improve their impact on EU policies and effective engagement of youth on EU issues
The Activities in order to achieve that goals will be the folowing:
- Participated in needs analysis
- Handbook of good practices
- Training toolkits for youth and young coaches, inclusive and sustainable sports sessions and sports events with videos, an European awareness-raising campaign
The project will impact on 6 countries, involving 7 partner organizations, including 2 European networks, impacting directly 140 young people and 40 young grassroots sport coaches and indirectly 14000 young people and 400 young grassroots sports coaches, at least 40% of them from underrepresented groups.
See all the photos of this project here.
Funding programme: Erasmus + Support for Policy Reform
Project Reference – 625743-EPP-1-2020-1-IT-EPPKA3-EU-YTH-TOG
Period – 01/01/2021 to 30/06/2023
Coordinator – Gea: Societa Cooperativa Sociale – Italy
Partner – Fare Network Sticting – The Netherlands
Partner – Jugend & Kulturprojekt EV – Germany
Partner – Sport Evolution Alliance – Portugal
Partner – DOTS – Cooperativa de Inovação Social para Transformação Social CRL – Portugal
Partner – Assist: Associazione Nationale Atlete – Italy
Partner – European Network of Sport Education – Austria
Partner – Kentro Merimnas Oikogeneias Kai Paidiou – Greece